Limited Company Contractor

You've chosen to supply your services to Thorn Baker Construction via your own Limited Company. What next?

You will need to complete a registration process

Our robust contractual documentation process clearly defines the relationships and responsibilities of all parties up and down the supply chain. We also operate a strict compliance audit process that protects all parties and meets the legal obligations and requirements of HMRC etc.

We are aware that regular, flexible and prompt payment is the highest priority when working on any contract. We want you to be able to concentrate on your work safe in the knowledge that payment will arrive on time and without issue. Our friendly & professional payroll team has a 100% record of on-time payment where all documentation is provided to us in line with the agreed process.

  • You will need to Opt-Out or Opt-In to the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003

We will ask you to decide whether you wish to Opt-Out or Opt-In to the ‘Conduct Regulations’ otherwise known as ‘EAA’. These regulations were created to offer increased protection to contractors.

There are a number of implications to you and you may well wish to seek independent advice before making your decision:

  • If you Opt -Out:
    Most genuinely self-employed freelance contractors choose to Opt-Out as they want to be treated as a business for tax purposes, and find that the protection offered by the legislation (below) is not as beneficial to them as the benefits of being classed as genuinely self-employed.
  • If you Opt-In:
    You will receive some benefits akin to those of a PAYE (Pay As You Earn) worker with added security, however, this will affect the assessment of your status for tax purposes.

To register as a Limited Company Contractor

Please have all the following certificates/images available via this device:

  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • VAT Certificate (if applicable)
  • Employers Liability Certificate
  • Public Liability Certificate
  • Professional Indemnity Certificate
  • Proof of eligibility document/s. We can only accept clear colour copies of the following showing all relevant information:
    • UK/EU passport (front cover and photo pages)
    • A birth certificate and proof of National Insurance (P45, NI No. card, P60, payslip, HRMC letter, Job Centre letter)
    • ID card (front and back)
    • Non-EU passport and Visa / Resident Permit (front cover and all other relevant pages).

I wish to register as a Limited Company Contractor

Do you have an additional worker that you wish to supply via your Limited Company? 

I wish to register an additional Contractor