£250 - 290 per day
7 months ago
Job title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Midlands - Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Worcester, Coventry, Northampton, Leicester, Burton Upon Trent
Job type: Contract
Rate: Negotiable to £290 per day
You will be joining a well-established family business specialising in providing specialist contracting & ecology services to a range of clients across the UK.
The successful candidate will help achieve a high standard of service delivery, successful outcomes for clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing the company’s culture of innovation and reinforcing reputation as a preferred service provider.
Working with the Project Manager you will be:
- Assisting in delivering projects and monitoring subsequent performance, taking corrective action where appropriate and guidance from Project Manager
- Assisting in establishing robust processes and procedures to manage projects, in consultation and engagement with our commercial departments and operational teams
- Assisting in the maintaining of programme control over projects to deliver to time, cost and quality in a safe manner and report on programme progress
- Collating, formatting, and distributing information to support programme requirements, cascading to internal and external parties as needed
- Manage team to produce project deliverables
- Supporting the Project Manager to facilitate effective resource management across the programme
- Reporting to Project Manager on all aspects of your projects using written reports, Gantt charts and presentations
- Delivering necessary periodic project reports, to allow senior managers to direct the project appropriately
- Working towards or understanding of CIEEM or CIWEM. (Desirable)
- Health and Safety training (IOSH, NEBOSH Desired)
- Obtained or working towards Prince 2 foundation or practitioner
- Good construction knowledge with CSCS card
- Strong Microsoft projects understanding
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing a large and diverse team with strong leadership skills
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving, adaptable to changing situations
- Self-motivated and driven, and able to motivating others
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Full Driving License
What's in it for you?
On offer is a 6-9 month contract and a negotiable rate up to £290 per day.
Key Skills: Project Manager, CSCS, Ecology, CIEEM, CIWEM, Prince 2, Construction