£24k - 25k per year
3 months ago
Job title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Hampshire / Wiltshire –Andover, Tidworth, Basingstoke, Winchester, Eastleigh, Amesbury, Salisbury, Newbury, Marlborough, Swindon, Devizes, Warminster
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £25,000 per annum
You will be joining a well-established family business specialising in providing specialist contracting & ecology services to a range of clients across the UK.
Working alongside the Project Manager to assist with project delivery, you will be supporting on tasks and activities for small or large projects on a national basis within infrastructure and water.
You will be responsible for:
- All project paperwork including Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Site Inductions
- Permitting and consent applications
- Working to project budgets
- Working within and developing project Scope
- Drafting project programmes on Microsoft Project and using GANTT charts
- Organising all plant & materials with 1 month or more lead-in time
- Producing Purchase Orders from approved suppliers for materials that can be called off by the Site Managers
- Recording, reporting project information and measuring project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Reporting of all project information to Project Manager, on a weekly basis, including progress, programme, budget, risk and accidents and near misses
- Responsible for the weekly reporting of progress, programme, budget and risk to the Client on development projects
- Assisting in designing out risks where possible or reduce & mitigate risk
- Manage the development of RAMS and gain PM approval
Degree with Construction or Project Management related qualification
1-2 years’ experience in the Construction or Project Management sector, with knowledge of developing Method Statements and Risk Assessments
Ecological or Construction Knowledge with an interest in the outdoor environment
First Aid qualification
CSCS & SMSTS
Radiodetection CAT 4 Series & Radiodetection Genny 4 certificate of training
Organised, confident and self-motivated individual with a passion for the environment
Strong problem solver, able to prioritise their workload in a busy workplace
Professional interaction with colleagues, client and stakeholders and have experience of working within a team and have excellent time management skills
A commitment to promoting Health, Safety and Well-being within the company is desired
A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Microsoft Project.
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable salary to £25,000 per annum, as well as an opportunity to join a well-established business with a friendly and supportive team environment.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager, Infrastructure, Water, Environmental, Construction, Ecology