£200 - 280 per day
12 months ago
Role Title: Assistant Project Manager
Sector: Environmental Consulting / Construction / Civils / Infrastructure
Location: Kennilworth / Warwickshire / West Midlands
Salary: £200 - £280 per day varies on experience
Status: This is a key worker role on an essential infrastructure project. ASAP start date, stringent Covid safety procedures are in place on site.
Fantastic long term contract opportunity for an experienced Assistant Project Manager with signficant experience of delivering projects in the environment sector. The successful candidate will have a background in supporting the planning and delivery of major civils, water management, infrastructure, environment or similar projects.
Our client is a leading environmental specialist, working across the UK on a diverse range of projects from small to multi-million, across the private and public sectors. Their clients include charities, private construction companies and leading infrastructure and utilities contractors.
You will be at the cutting edge of environment practice, incorporating the latest advances in ecology mitigation to live and planned infrastructure construction works.
This is a long-term contract / freelance role based in Warwickshire/ Coventry. Due to Covid-19 policies, there is a strong preference for candidates to be within local commute to minimise travel.
- Supporting the Project Manager in all of the below, for the smooth and successful delivery of the project:
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of ecology works
- Managing contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts
- Building good relationships with clients
- Manage design co-ordination
- Working with Site Managers and Site Foreman to ensure smooth delivery of projects on site
- Engaging appropriate sub-contractors
- Management of graduate and assistant project managers
What's in it for you:
- Chance to make a real, practical and positive difference to the natural world
- Work with people who have a genuine passion for the environment
- Work on a major infrastructure project
- Competitive daily rate
Suitable candidates will have experience of delivering ecology works, infrastructure, civils or water management projects and be strong people managers with good relationship building skills. Management of cost, quality and health & safety is essential, along with excellent communication, management experience and contractual experience, particularly NEC 3. Knowledge of CDM regulations highly regarded.
To apply in confidence, send your CV via this advert, or for more information, contact Rhian Newman at Thorn Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07969 972412
Key skills: Environment, Ecology, Assistant Project Manager, NEC3, CDM, Construction, Infrastructure, Water Management, Rail