£28k - 40k per year + Package
20 days ago
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: South West – Bath, Bristol, Chippenham, Trowbridge, Melksham, Frome, Wells, Weston Super Mare
Job type: Construction Contractor
Salary: Negotiable to £40,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a well established building contractor based in Somerset.
This is a business that is proud to work on local projects which are mainly comprised of new build, restoration and refurbishment projects.
You will be joining a family company, who likes to invest in the development of their 100 strong workforce.
As quantity Surveyor, you will be
- Building, managing & maintaining relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and relevant stakeholders
- Maintaining financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts
- Assisting in the commercial activities of the business and provide support as needed
- Preparing on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews
- Completing and submitting project documentation and correspondence within agreed time-frames
Minimum of 3 experience in a QS or Assistant QS role
Previous experience working on new build housing, refurbishment or restoration projects
Degree in Quantity Surveying
Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
Competent user of MS office
Team player but also able to work independently
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable basic salary to £40,000 and an opportunity to join a well established family business that like to invest in their people.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker.
Key Skills: QS, Quantity Surveyor, New Build, Commercial, Heritage, Refurbishment