£20k - 25k per year + Package
about 1 month ago
Job title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £25,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a market leading contractor with expertise across multiple sectors of the construction industry.
Working in a professional but fun environment, you will have the opportunity to progress your career through the excellent training, support and investment provided by the business.
You will be working on a great range of projects across the Education, Industrial, Healthcare, Leisure, Development and Retail sectors with values ranging from £50k to £15m
Duties will include:
- Measurement and valuation of works for valuations, variations and final accounts
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations
- Administering and advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
- Subcontract and Design procurement
- Client and Subcontractor invoices, payments, variations and final accounts
- Preparation and submission of Cost Value Reconciliation
- Cash management and maximisation
- Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
- Internal Valuations and CVRs
Minimum of 1-2 year's Quantity Surveying experience with a construction main contractor
Quantity Surveying Degree or Equivalent
Exceptional communication skills
Strong commercial acumen
Proven record of delivery
Strong team player, able to also work independently
Full UK driving licence
What's in it for you?
On offer is a salary negotiable to £25,000 per annum, car allowance & pension as well as the opportunity to join market leading business that can offer long-term career development opportunities.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Assistant Quantity Surveyor, AQS, Main Contracting, Interiors, Fit-out, refurbishment, construction