27 days ago
Job title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location: Derbyshire – Derby, Nottingham, Grantham, Loughborough, Burton Upon Trent, Uttoxeter, Ashbourne, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Stoke-on-Trent
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established, award winning housing developer.
This is a business that has a strong focus on quality of build and aims to delight their clients with outstanding customer service. A company that is committed to delivering new homes that exceed expectations whilst delivering on energy efficiency as well as being considerate to the environment throughout the build process.
You will be joining a friendly and supportive team environment, where you will be afforded extensive opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be supporting for the commercial team with the delivery of residential development schemes in the region.
You will be:
- Ensuring completion of all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation.
- Preparing monthly reports
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from commencement to completion of projects
- Providing input and cost and value engineering advice and attending design team meetings
- Checking and ensuring compliance and issuing of timely payment and pay less notices to subcontractors
- Providing input into commercial processes to help deliver the objectives and targets for the contract teams.
Minimum 2 years’ Quantity surveying experience in a Housebuilding environment
Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
Commercially Astute with strong numerical skills
Problem solving skills
Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
Career development opportunities
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Commercial, Housing, Housebuilding, Housing Developer, New Build Developments, New Homes