0117 203 3444
3 months ago
Rob title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Industry leader in the modular sector is seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyors on a variety of projects, predominantly in the Education sector. The assistant QS will be based in the head office and factory predominantly, but will also be required to travel to sites when necessary to assist the Senior Quantity Surveyors. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and progress your career. The successful candidate will be mentored and supervised by senior members of staff, with the aim to provide the experience, knowledge and skills necessary to become a Project QS/Senior QS.
- Assist with the subcontract procurement process
- Analysis of tender quotations, and sub contract scope and cost negotiation.
- Assist with the preparation and negotiations of all monthly project interim and final accounts
- Analysis of project costs to feedback to the Estimators on a regular basis.
- Keeping accurate, relevant record
This is just a brief overview. Full responsibilities for this role are available upon request.
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying, or a similar commercial degree in construction
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience with a contractor
- A full, valid, driving licence
- Will need to be CSCS qualified (this can be taken post-employment)
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Fully IT literate with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work for a leading company within the modular sector
- Work on a vast array of projects so no day will be the same
- The training and support necessary to progress your career
- Growing company
- Competitive package
To apply, send your CV in response to this advert or for more info, contact Tamara Fitton at Thorn Baker on 0117 2033 444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: Assistant Quantity Surveyor, QS, Construction, Modular, Build, Education, Health, Commercial, Residential