£20k - 25k per year
25 days ago
Job title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location: Shrewsbury (Shropshire)
Sector: Construction / Utilities
Fantastic opportunity in beautiful Shropshire for a junior to intermediate level Quantity Surveyor to work on-site for this leading provider of frontline Utility Services. This organisation, based in the Midlands with a number of project offices, are experts in highways and multi-utility contracting including electric, gas, water, telecommunications, recycling and traffic management, providing essential services to major construction and ongoing maintenence projects in the public and private sectors.
Ongoing relationships with major clients on long-term projects guarantees a secure pipeline of varied work, and the motivated and enthusiastic team within the organisation are dedicated to growing the company and continue to tender for new projects.
Due to the busy nature of the projects a permanent QS role is available on-site in Shrewsbury. This would suit someone with junior to intermediate level QS experience. That could be someone fresh to the industry / newly qualified, or a career changer with construction knowledge and evidence of commercial and cost management skills.
- Working alongside the Site Manager on a busy construction site
- Preparing and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors
- Receive and analyse quotations
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts
- Produce relevant monthly reports to Senior Staff
- Advising on contractual issues
- Expert use of Excel and internal databases
- Provide advice and support to the site team in order to optimise the use of contract resources
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to learn on the job and progress your QS career in a company that values progression and rewards hard work
- Exciting site-based environment
- Beautiful location of Shrewsbury
- Ongoing secure pipeline of work and a growing organisation with future opportunities to progress
If this is of interest to you submit your CV via the link or for more information contact Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace at Thorn Baker on 0117 2033 444.
Key skills: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Shrewsbury, utilities, highways, Excel, finance, cost management, Assistant QS