£30k - 35k per year
6 months ago
Title: Assistant / Site Manager
Location: Andover - Flexible to Travel
Salary: £30'000 to £35'000
Sector: Groundworks / Environmental / Ecology
Start: March 2021
You will be joining a well-established family business specialising in providing specialist contracting & ecology services to a range of clients across the UK. This client pride themselves on providing a professional, pragmatic and innovative service as well ensuring they get the best possible environmental gains on each project. The majority of their work is carried out in restricted sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and, as such, they are continually striving to deliver projects within ecological best practices.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of construction sites and in conjunction with the Project Managers, will be contributing in the pre-planning meetings to project sign-off. Your remit will cover management, reporting & Health & Safety.
- Line manage the delivery of projects, support the Site Foreman & act as a mentor
- Responsibility for timely delivery for the construction phase within budget
- Responsible for ordering of all plant, materials required onsite, sub-contractors, tools, and vehicles.
- To report effectively to the PM on project progress through written/verbal reporting
- Provide early warnings of issues and highlight potential delays to the PM
- To ensure compliance & reporting requirements are met
- Ensure all H&S legislation is complied with onsite
- Site and people management experience - including managing field teams
- Previous experience of managing Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Ecological and environmental knowledge
- Physically fit and highly motivated
- Effective communication skills
- Good organisational and report writing skills
- CITB SSSTS qualified or equivalent is essential
- SMSTS is desirable (or working towards)
- Valid CSCS card or equivalent
- First Aid qualification – 3-day course preferable
Whats in it for you?
- A safe and friendly place to work
- A personalised development plan and clear career progression
- Varied projects and clients, fantastic exposure and on the job learning
- A £500 (pro-rata) annual training budget, with more available subject to agreement
- Support in gaining professional memberships and chartership where appropriate.
For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email@example.com
Key Skills: CSCS, Ecology, Site Management, Groundworks, Water, Rivers, Environmental, First Aid