£30k - 35k per year + Van, Bonus
about 2 months ago
Title: Contracts Supervisor / Assistant Site Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
Sector: Timber Frame
We are currently working with one of Cornwall & Devon’s fast paced manufacturing facilities, concentrating on building quality residential homes for a large range of customers. They have a reputation for high quality, and commitment to providing the best service to our customers. Due to their steady growth, they now have a permanent vacancy for a Contracts Supervisor to work on a portfolio of projects around the region.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will have responsibility to ensure our sites meet pre-agreed standards of health & safety; customer service and construction together with delivering the build programme meeting budget and quality standards.
Working on multiple contracts, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- On-site supervision of our timber frame & insulating teams
- On-site liaison with the Principal Contractor’s Site Manager
- Daily / Weekly reporting to the Operations Manager of site activity, issues and progress
- Weekly roof truss & joist delivery dates programming with the Project Co-Ordinator
- Specifically, the Supervisor shall undertake:
- Recorded Quality Inspections
- Ensure HSE performance on site
- Undertake handovers of the timber frames, recorded
- Recording progress of work against the plan
- Setting the teams to work, managing and coordinating daily and weekly work tasks
The ideal candidate will have experience of supervising, managing or erecting timber frame buildings:
- The role would suit an Assistant Site Manager, Contract Supervisor, or Foreman.
- A qualified timber frame erector or joinery gang leader will also be considered for the role; this is an excellent development opportunity for those wishing to progress from a trades background into supervision and management.
- A driven person, with an ability to prioritise workload, be highly organised and communicate clearly with customers and erectors is essential.
- A relevant CSCS card or 5 day SSSTS are essential. Other relevant qualifications are useful.
- Company Van
- Fuel Card
- Mobile Phone
For furhter information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email email@example.com
Key Skills: Timber Frame, Housing, Residential, SMSTS, CSCS, Carpenter, Carpentry, NHBC, Supervisor, Site Manager