£55k - 70k per year + Package
about 1 month ago
Job title: Bid & Estimating Manager
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £70,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bid & Estimating Manager to join a leading European manufacturer within the offsite sector, with expertise in Light Guage Steel Frame.
This is a highly innovative business, committed to ongoing investment into product innovations and priding themselves on offering a complete service to their clients, from design through to manufacturing, assembly and install.
You will be joining a friendly business with a family feel, an inclusive culture and strong focus on teamwork.
As Bid & Estimating Manager you will be joining the Pre-Contracts team and will have overall responsibility for the Estimating team as well as for production of accurate and competitive tender submissions and client management. You will be working on Light Guage Steel Frame project throughout the Residential, Commercial, Hospitality and Education sectors.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of estimating systems, creating and maintain an accurate cost base for pricing budgets to tight deadlines
- Production of accurate and detailed tender submissions
- Negotiating terms with clients to secure the right work, right clients, right margins at the right terms
- Developing business development strategy and reporting to the business on all work winning activities
- Managing and using historical cost and value data, aligning internal transfer rates with estimating rates
- Developing win strategy for all key projects
- Identifying new leads and potential new markets and reporting to the business regarding current and future market conditions
- Visiting prospective clients
- Recruiting, developing, and managing estimating team to deliver the business plan
- Lead internal handovers for projects, working with the delivery team to ensure efficient handover and procurement schedules
- Estimating experience within construction essential
- Previous team management experience
- Strong commercial acumen, able to build strong working relationships with clients
- Highly articulate, comfortable dealing with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent negotiating and presentation skills
- Construction related degree or HNC preferred
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker on 07973 786 995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Skills: Estimator, Estimating, Bid Management, Pre-construction, Offsite, MMC, Steel Frame, Light Guage Steel Frame, SFS, LGSF