8 months ago
Job title: Business Development Manager
Location: South East
Job type: Modular Building
Salary / Rate: Negotiable (DOE)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development Manager to join a key player within the Modular construction industry. You will be joining a global business that is going through a strong period of growth and expansion. This is a 60 year’s established business, offering modular building solutions on a temporary and permanent basis that is proud to work on some of the most prestigious projects across a wide variety of the construction industry, with an unrivalled reputation for delivering quality and service excellence.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, you will be responsible for the development of the modular sale business within a defined geographic area or market sector to achieve profitable ongoing business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the business as the leading provider of Modular Building Solutions.
- Creating, developing and implementing strategic market plan for sales area in line with company strategy.
- Analysing opportunities with current and prospective customers to meet targets as set out in yearly budget.
- Developing key accounts identified within strategic plan to provide a long term vision of profitable business and improved margins.
- Working in conjunction with other departments within the business to form a successful bid team, ensuring that tenders are prepared and sent to clients at a standard agreed by all.
- Drive the negotiation and close sales at agreed margin levels.
- Attending ‘launch meetings’ to ensure clean order handover to design, manufacturing and operations divisions.
- Attending sales meetings, Conferences and Exhibitions on behalf of the company, promoting solutions within the market when require.
- Help, support and communicate with sales team members and wider team to ensure best practice is observed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Setting standards and leading by example.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience within Construction Main Contracting or Permanent Modular industry (essential)
- Experience of Framework selling (Governments NHS, DFE)
- Working knowledge of current building regulations
- Self-starting attitude with strong organisation skills
- Drive and “can do” attitude, with a proven track record of sales closure in a medium to long term sales process
- Analytical skills and demonstrable experience of managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience of high level presentations essential
- PC literate with experience of the Microsoft Suite of Packages
What's in it for you?
On offer are a negotiable basic salary (DOE), bonus, company vehicle, pension and benefits, as well as the opportunity to work for a market leading business that looks after its people.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Sales, Business Development, Senior Sales, Account Management, Modular building, Modular construction, Modular, Offsite Construction, Frameworks, Main Contractor