£35k - 42k per year + Excellent Benefits
11 months ago
Job title: Senior Buyer
Job type: Construction
Salary: to £45,000 basic plus pension & benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer with construction industry experience, to join a well-established manufacturer based in Wales.
When you join this company, you will be joining a business with a strong focus on service and reputation for quality. The company provides a highly sustainable,energy efficient and bespoke construction product that often turns their clients vision and dreams into reality.
As Senior Buyer, you will have full autonomy over the buying fuction within the business where you will be instrumental in shaping the future of this department as well being responsible for an annual budget of circa £10-15M . You will be:
- Negotiating rates and payment terms with merchants as well as direct suppliers and setting up payment terms and methods of stocking that will benefit to the business
- Involved in the set up of new supply chains for new & existing products
- Involved with the specifications of projects as they develop to be prepared for lead times of unique items
- Leading the development of a JIT approach to replenishing stock in line with project start dates
- Monitoring business indicators to assess peaks and troughs in demand of regular products and adjust orders and delivery dates accordingly
- Naturally evaluating the benefit of cost/efficiency in day to day orders
- Have an awareness of products relating to the construction industry and global influences on price / demand
- Previous experience in a buying role within the construction industry is essential (ideally within housebuilding, timber frame or timber product environment)
- Highly skilled at setting up appropriate systems and processes within a buying environment
- Strong communication skills
- Confident negotiator
- Able to build good working relationships
What's in it for you?
- Salary negotiable to £45,000
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or call 07973 786995 for further information.
Key Skills: Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement, Construction, Housebuilding, builder, timber, supply chain