£35k - 40k per year + Package
4 months ago
Job title: Buyer
Location: West Midlands - Dudley, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Cradley Heath, Halesowen, Stourbridge, West Bromwich, Solihull
Job type: Construction
Salary / Rate: Salary Negotiable to £40,000 plus benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced buyer to join an innovative Modular Manufacturer, offering turnkey solutions to housing providers, with focus on delivering high quality homes.
You will be joining an experienced, friendly and supportive team environment, with a vision to provide eco-friendly, cost and time effective volumetric modular solutions that meet their clients needs.
As Buyer you will be creating national and regional supply chain relationships identified through quality, cost and delivery drivers ensuring a Just in Time programme of delivery. You will
- Read and abstract technical information from drawings and specifications to procure materials and services
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the business to determine their product and service needs.
- Raise material order inquiries for tender and material purchases
- Collate quotes, analyse & negotiate with suppliers for fixed annual pricing in order to maximize company returns
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Input schedules and orders onto inventory and purchasing software
- Produce and issue schedule purchase orders in line with construction programming.
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
- Research new products and services to meet the company’s goals
- Assess and produce reports on total project purchases against set budgets
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods while maintaining stock levels
Experience within construction procurement is essential with strong understanding of construction, engineering & civil processes
Experience of timber frame or light gauge steel frame homes desirable
Strong negotiation and communication skills
Ability to work under pressure
Experience with MS Office software
Comfortable in a fast-paced commercial environment
Educated to degree level
CIPS Qualified or working towards this
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable salary to £40,000 and competitive package of benefits.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker.