6 days ago
Job title: Buyer
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire – Hull, Cottingham, Hessle, Market Weighton, Pocklington, Hornsea, Brandesburton, Withernsea, Hornsea, Beverley, Willerby
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Construction Buyer to join a well-established fit out contractor, specialising in the delivery of commercial interior design and fit-out projects across the UK.
You will be joining a growing business, with clear ambitions and a team of highly motivated individuals.
As Buyer and working on fit out projects, you will be responsible for the supporting business operations through the purchase of goods, materials, components or services. This will be a varied role where you will be building strong relationships with project stakeholders both internal and external to the business. Duties will include:
- Purchasing goods, materials, components, or services
- Supporting the Commercial and Operational team by communicating any supply issues
- Providing analysis on costs and review cost reduction activities
- Preparing reports and updates
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business
- Preparing and raising purchase orders and order schedules
- Building, maintaining and managing supplier relationships
- Resolving price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues
Previous experience of Buying within the construction industry
Construction related qualification preferred but not essential.
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
Excellent IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office software
Strong organisation skills
Excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
Strong Attention to Detail
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn baker for further information.
Key Skills: Buyer, Buying, Purchasing, Procurement, Materials Planning, Materials Scheduling,Supply chain, Demand planning, construction, building materials, main contracting, fit out, refurbishment, interiors