£18 - 20 per hour
3 months ago
Job title: Buyer
Job type: Freelance (6-month contract)
Rate: £18-20 per hour
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Buyer to join a 5-star housing developer on a freelance basis.
You will be joining a well-known business with an excellent reputation for delivering quality homes in convenient locations.
As Buyer, you will be working on housing development projects, supporting the site management team through the purchase of materials and subcontractor packages. You will be a key member of the team with a focus on:
- Coordinating purchasing of supplies, materials, services, and equipment for housing projects
- Obtaining competitive quotations from and negotiating with suppliers
- Ensuring supplies and their suppliers are compliant with all relevant regulations and legislation
- Preparing and issuing contracts for suppliers and cost reports
- Raising orders for supplies
- Ensuring the availability of materials to maximise efficiency
Previous experience of materials and sub-contractor buying within the construction industry
Knowledge of COINS
Confident user of MS office package
Strong negotiation skills
Excellent communicator, able to build relationships with suppliers
Team player but able to work on own initiative
What's in it for you?
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker on 07973 786 995 or email@example.com
Key Skills: Buyer, Procurement, Buying, Purchasing, Construction, House building