5 months ago
Title: Civil Engineering/Construction Undergraduate/Post Graduate (Summer Placement)
Duration: 6-12 weeks
Thorn Baker is working with a specialist, national civil engineering company to recruit an Undergraduate or Post Graduate to join the team on a project in Bristol City Centre. Thorn Baker's client is looking for a driven individual looking to gain practical experience which will help towards their chosen degree in Civil Engineering or an associated subject.
This position will be classed as a summer placement lasting 6-12 weeks.
The company in question specialise in the construction and refurbishment of bridges across the UK.
This role provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to develop within a dynamic team of professionals who are currently undertaking a full refurbishment of a large bridge in Bristol City Centre. The refurbishment consists of various elements including structural, electrical and mechanical refurbishment as well as resurfacing and general upkeep
As an Undergraduate/Post Graduate Civil Engineer you will:
- Work closely with the management and engineering teams to assist in various elements of bridge construction/refurbishment
- Assist with the procurement and management of works on site including checking progress, quality, compliance and handover
- Assist with general engineering duties including setting out and various types of paperwork
- Gain valuable experience within the civil engineering industry which will help with your chosen degree
- Learn about health and safety onsite
- Learn how to practically implement elements of Quality Assurance to a major civil engineering project
Thorn Baker's client is looking for someone who
- Is an Undergraduate or Post Graduate within Civil Engineering or an associated area of expertise
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has the desire to progress their career within a civil engineering company
- Lives or lodges between postal areas between BS1 and BS16
- The opportunity to get a real practical insight into your chosen profession
- A conveniently located project in the Centre of Bristol
- A competitive hourly rate of pay which is negotiable depending on how far along you are with your studies and any practical experience gained prior to this placement
For further information relating to this role, please contact Ben Knight of Thorn Baker on 07811 744871 or apply directly to the advert or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Skills- Graduate, Post Graduate, Undergraduate, Student, Summer Placement, Degree, Civil Engineering, Site Engineer, Construction