£85k - 95k per year + Car Allowance, Bonus
12 days ago
Title: Construction Director
Location: Travel between Bristol & London
Salary: £85,000 to £95,000
Sector: Civils & Build
This is a very unique opportunity to work directly for the end client as a Construction Director overseeing the delivery of Surfing Parks across the UK. As Construction Director you will help the client realise future potential and delivery of their ambitious plans to build more sites across the UK and beyond. Overseeing of all project management aspects of future build including strategy, planning, pre-construction, design, procurement and after-care. This is a very honest, transparent and ethical organisation where an individuals values are just as important as their expertise.
- Oversee of all project management aspects of project delivery – this includes strategy, planning, pre-construction, design, procurement, delivery and aftercare.
- Report on project performance to the Board.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders to translate the operational requirements and ensure they are implemented into the design process.
- Coordinate all professional advisers and The Wave team to deliver the most effective and sustainable design.
- Ensure that sustainability is at the heart of the construction design and minimise the carbon footprint of each scheme.
- Be accountable for all construction governance and health and safety regulations.
- Support the search, feasibility and development process for all future sites.
- Run construction tender processes.
- Contract manage all construction projects.
- Ensure all as built design and O&M documentation, warranties and service contracts are handed over in full to the Maintenance team
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Construction Industry
- Project management experience on major complex infrastructure projects
- Proven delivery and primary management of projects on time and on budget
- Worked internationally and in the UK
- Experience in managing tenders
- An ability to work under pressure, with a drive and determination to achieve the best – a can do attitude.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- A strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing
- A proactive and ambitious mindset, with a desire to ‘muck-in’!
- A passion for sustainability, health and well-being and the natural world
- Highly Commercially aware
- Ability to negotiate, influence and manage challenging situations
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, organised and a complete finisher
For further information relating to this role and a full job specification, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email email@example.com
Keys Skills: Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Build, Construction, SMSTS, CSCS, Director, Health & Safety