£55k - 60k per year + car/allowance +
about 1 month ago
Contracts Manager - Permanent - Civil Engineering Contractor
£55000 - £60000 + Car/Car Allowance + 5% pension + Fuel Card
Bristol / South West Region
Our client is a highly respected, well established and financially secure Civil contractor based in the South West. The company has a high percentage of repeat business from loyal and busy clients acting both as a main contractor and subcontractor, typical project size sits between the £500k and £5 million mark. The business has 4 divisions including Civils/Groundworks, Design and Build, Smallworks and Commercial / Industrial Building. The company has experienced a period of growth over the last 18 months and are looking for a Contracts Manager to support this.
The role – Contracts Manager
As a Contracts Manager you will report directly to Director level, managing the delivery of 2 - 3 projects at once (depending on size) overseeing site based teams from an office base with regular site visits as well as interaction with clients.
You will be supported by an established commercial team, as well as a solid site presence including Site Managers, Site Foreman, Site Engineers.
- Achieve targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Manage around 3 live projects at once
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation
- Produce H&S and O&M on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Issue subcontractors with regular short term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved
- Hold progress meetings
- Display on site an up to date copy of the construction programme indicating the progress to date
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to and maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Obtain risk assessments and method statements from contractors prior to work commencement
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
- Manage Project Managers performance
- HND / Degree qualifications or a similar trade based qualification
- Previous Contracts Manager experience essential
- Varied Civils experience essential
- Good knowledge and experience of contract forms and administrating contract records
- Good level of operational, practical and technical knowledge
- Commercially Aware
- Live within a commutable distance from Bristol
Please call Stefan Fernandez on 0117 2033 444 for a confidential discussion or apply for the role.