£22k - 26k per year
about 1 year ago
ASAP, government guidelines permitting
Job Title: Design Co-ordinator
Salary: £22k - £26k
Role status: This role is currently live and CVs are being reviewed by our client. Face to face interviews will be held when possible under government guidelines, with a ‘soon as possible’ start date thereafter.
Fantastic opportunity for a motivated and organized Design Co-ordinator to join this leading pod manufacturer who supply a comprehensive range of bathroom units to leading main-contractors and developers. The company is part of a very well established family-owned group that has been manufacturing and supplying products to the construction industry for more than 60 years.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join this major brand, working on an array of projects and a variety of designs including bespoke designs. They will also enjoy the friendliness and strong values that come with a family-backed operation along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Assist the Design Team Manager and the Design team with clarifying the Client’s design and Manufacturing requirements from enquiry through to completion.
- Maintain drawing and documentation system to relevant compliance standards
- Organise and manage resources, meeting deadlines and highlighting conflicts to the Design Team Manager
- Coordinate the flow of information to the design team
- Review technical specification documents and highlight concerns
- Manage the project handover process from sales to design and commercial
- Maintain a robust document management system
- Oversee the development of project programmes
- Monitor and report on design progress against the contract programme
- Liaise with external clients and architects
- Work closely with the factory personnel to ensure optimum design and buildability
- Experience within Offsite Manufacturing highly advantageous, particularly manufacture of bathroom pods
- Experience of programme interpretation and reporting
- Experience within a production environment would be advantageous
- Experience of document control and managing document flow between teams
- Ability to collaborate and interface with teams
- Very high quality oral and written communication skills
- Proactive approach, attention to detail, able to identify areas of need and manage output
- Education – GCSE A* - C in English
To apply, submit your CV to this advert, or for a confidential conversation contact Ngaire (Nyree) Wallace at Thorn Baker on 07792 381 034 or email@example.com
Key skills: Design Co-ordinator, Document Control, Document Controller, Solidworks, Programme Manager, Offsite, Modular, Bathroom, Pod, Construction, Manufacturing, Production, CAD, Autodesk