Oxfordshire, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Negotiable to £45000 P/A (experience dependant)
8 months ago
Job Title- Design Engineer (Highway Structures Maintenance)
Salary- Negotiable to £45000 per annum plus package (experience dependant)
Thorn Baker is pleased to me working with one of the country's most successful civil engineering/highways maintenance contractors to recruit a Design Engineer in the Oxfordshire region. The successful candidate should expect to become part of a dynamic, professional team with the benefit of an extremely stable contract providing continuity of work in the local area.
Thorn Baker's client is a big believer in promoting from within and will offer support and encouragement in the career development of any employee.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please APPLY NOW or feel free to contact Ben Knight on the number below
As Design Engineer you will:
- Develop designs for a wide variety of bridge replacement, strengthening and maintenance schemes
- Work in close collaboration with the local authority to identify and meet the project objectives
- Undertake other structures asset management activities such as principal and special inspections, structural assessments, and sub-standard structures reviews.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the design and construction teams to ensure that work is planned and undertaken safely and efficiently.
- Assist in the mentoring of our trainee and Graduate Engineers.
Thorn Baker's client is looking for someone with:
- Experience in highway structures inspection, maintenance and design (this is a huge benefit but experience in any form of civil engineering will be considered)
- Good working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works/Eurocodes relating to the design and maintenance of highway structures.
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis & design software (e.g. LUSAS, TEDDS, RING & AutoCAD).
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal & mentoring skills and a team player with a ‘can do’ approach
- Highly competitive salary of up to £40000 per annum plus package including a vehicle/allowance
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company who will allow flexible working and support the development of your career
- Be part of a dynamic team partaking in a varied and challenging workload on a day-to-day basis
For further information relating to this role, please contact Ben Knight of Thorn Baker on 07811 744871 or apply directly to the advert or via email email@example.com
Key Skills- Graduate, Postgraduate, Design Engineer, Cad Technician, Autocad, highways, bridges, highways structures. civil engineering, civils, highways maintenance