£26k - 32k per year
3 months ago
Job Title: Design Engineer
Salary: £26k - £32k
Fantastic opportunity for a motivated, creative Design Engineer with experience of Solid Works to join this leading pod manufacturer who supply a comprehensive range of bathroom units to leading main-contractors and developers. The company is part of a very well established family-owned group that has been manufacturing and supplying products to the construction industry for more than 60 years.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join this major brand, working on an array of designs including bespoke designs, with a premium, high quality aesthetic. They will also enjoy the friendliness and strong values that come with a family-backed operation along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- All design work including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Detail, Fabrication, Howick design, Wall panel drawings
- BoMs either in Solid Works / AutoCAD 2/3D, to be in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and regulations
- Ensure all drawings and specifications are checked for accuracy and approved before issue
- Work closely with the factory personnel to ensure optimum design and buildability
- Maintain drawing and documentation filing system to the required standards
- Copy and issue design office documentation to the required standards within previously agreed timescales
- Design experience within Offsite Manufacturing highly advantageous, particularly design of bathroom pods
- Experience of Solid Works strongly preferred. Experience of AutoCAD 2D / 3D preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of design to UK building regulations.
- Team player with good collaboration skills, able to collaborate with design colleagues, clients and factory team.
- Very high quality oral and written communication skills
- Proactive approach, attention to detail, able to identify areas of need and manage output
- Education – GCSE A* - C in English. Design or construction related qualification ideal but not essential.
To apply, submit your CV to this advert, or for a confidential conversation contact Rhian Newman at Thorn Baker on 07969 972 412 or email@example.com
Key skills: Design Engineer, Designer, Offsite, Solid Works, Modular, Bathroom, Pod, Construction, Manufacturing, Production, CAD, Autodesk,AutoCAD,3D modeling, BIM