£35k - 45k per year
19 days ago
Job title: Design Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Rate: £35,000 to £45,000
An opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to work in Yorkshire on new build housing schemes.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the design of infrastructure and groundworks packages for residential developments
- Procure service records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes
- Oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 Agreements
- Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- Maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant’s designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value Engineering
- Liaise with other Technical Team members and others as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
Nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder for ten years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major housebuilder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Michelle Smith at Thorn Baker on 07766 825200 or email@example.com.
Key Skills: Engineer, New Build, Housing, Residential