12 months ago
Role Title: Design Manager
Sector: Offsite – Residential
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Competitive package, negotiable on experience
A career-changing opportunity to join a leader in the offsite construction industry as Design Manager, leading a brand new team who will develop and deliver the enhanced residential offering for this major brand. This is a critical role within a very successful business in the ever-growing offsite construction industry and a chance for the right candidate to make their mark in the sustainable, affordable housing sector.
Reporting into the Development Director, you will be responsible for growing and developing the Residential Design team to deliver innovative and commercial residential designs and increase this organisation’s share of the residential housing market.
Residential housing design experience is essential. Candidates must have a passion for MMC. Offsite industry experience is highly advantageous, though not required.
In this Design Manager role you will be generally accountable for:
- Building and developing a team of designers
- Managing the design process from contract agreement stage and site start through to completion
- Building relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Working under the direction of the Development Director to drive the success of the residential design team
- Ensuring that the design team produces cost effective, adaptable, innovative and sustainable residential designs
- Ensuring full compliance with all relevant building standards and codes
- Degree qualified or similar in a construction / design / architecture related subject
- Residential housing design expert with a non-traditional outlook (creative, innovative, urban design and sustainability lovers welcomed)
- Offsite sector knowledge advantageous – modular, timber frame, steel, SIPS, etc
- Demonstrable passion for Modern Methods of Construction
- Demonstrable ability to grow a new team, lead projects and offer creative solutions to challenges – we are seeking a Design Manager who can build something new and exciting, not further the status quo.
- Expert knowledge of building regulations and CDM 2015 regulations
- Expert user of design software such as MiTek WoodEngine, AutoCAD, Revit
- BIM specialist
What’s in it for you?
- Quite simply, this is a game-changing opportunity to build and grow your own team and make a significant impact in the offsite construction sector. Be a part of the change.
- The successful applicant will be a highly skilled residential housing design expert with outstanding leadership skills, therefore a competitive salary is a given.
- Join a design-led, quality-focused, progressive, open and collaborative organisation who truly value their staff
For a confidential discussion about this role call Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace at Thorn Baker on 0117 2033 444, or to apply, submit your CV to this advert or email email@example.com.
Key Skills: Design Manager, Residential, Housing, Offsite, Modular, MMC, West Midlands, BIM, Revit, Mitek, WoodEngine, AutoCAD