£64k - 65k per year
about 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Job title: Design Manager
Location: West Yorkshire - Bradford
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £65,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join a well-established, award winning main contractor offering a full range of construction professional design & building services.
This is a business with an unrivalled reputation for attracting and retaining the very best people in the construction industry, offering extensive opportunities for both personal and career development.
As Design Manager your role will be focused on managing the Pre-development team, ensuring effectively delivery of design services. As a Design & Build Contractor, the role is key in ensuring the Pre-development division provides an effective and integrated service to the wider company, ensuring a seamless service to their clients.
You will be:
- Managing, motivating and encouraging internal and external design teams
- Ensuring structural drawings and designs are produced on time, to a high quality, and provide best value
- Managing the procurement and coordination of pre-development surveys and investigations
- Developing and managing the pre-development and design process
- Managin quality and checking procedures to avoid errors
- Keeping up-to-date with changing building legislation
- Site visits as necessary
- Managing requests for information from clients, colleagues and subcontractors
- Commercial and financial management of the Pre-development department
- Bid Team involvement, including tender design review and value improvement reporting
- Carry out the role of Principal Designer as required
- Assist with obtaining new design work and meeting new clients
This role will be ideally suited to ambitious individuals wanting to progress their career into a director role in the next few years.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience within the construction industry, ideally within a main contracting, refurbishment or new build industrial
Excellent communication and numeracy skills
Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental Safety requirements
A good knowledge and understanding of the CDM 2105 regulations
Knowledge of AutoCAD
Relevant Construction industry qualification (HNC / BSc / MSc / BA / MA)
Previous management experience
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Design, Design Manager, Construction, Main Contractor, Principle Contractor, Commercial Refurbishment, New Build, AutoCAD