£18k - 24k per year
about 1 month ago
Job title: Design Technician (Junior)
Location: Salisbury / Wiltshire
Sector: Ecology / Environment / Construction / Geomorphology / Geography / Design
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Fantastic design role available with this leading Environmental specialist who provide ecological consulting services to a broad range of clients in the private and public sector, ranging from major renowned infrastructure schemes to environment charities. The design team works nationwide, delivering key environmental enhancement projects including river restoration, fish passage, environment mitigation and restoration works from concept stage to delivery.
The company truly values their staff and offers an annual £500 training budget, plus regular away days and a supportive working environment with plenty of career opportunities. This is a place where you can advance while working with a friendly team on complex and exciting environment schemes.
The role is a great opportunity for a junior to mid-level designer with a geography, engineering (or similar) background and a passion for the environment to make a difference by producing environment mitigation designs. The role will report directly to the Principal Geomorphologist and work closely with project managers across the UK, in a challenging and varied array of design tasks.
A team player with some experience of ArcGIS, AutoCAD or other graphic design packages and a keen interest in ecology and the natural environment would be ideally suited to the role.
- Use of ArcGIS and AutoCAD, Photoshop, Indesign, Adobe, Trimble and other industry standard draqing packages to prepare plans
- Development of scaled outlines and detailed construction drawings and graphics for construction projects, environmental statements, statutory consenting and associated planning documents
- Preparation of information for planning applications
- Development of tender documents and collaborating with other teams in the office to ensure successful project delivery
- Minimum BSc or BEng, (potentially Masters or PhD) in Geography, Engineering or a related field
- Graduate member of CIWEM or similar and working towards Chartered status (not essential, but preferred)
- Some industry experience would be preferred
- Working with some or all of: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Revit, LSS, ProjectWise and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Attention to detail, highly motivated, able to prioritise
- Passion for ecology, geography and the environment
- Full driving license
What's in it for you
- Personalised development plan and clear career progression
- Varied projects and clients, fantastic exposure and on the job learning - chance to enhance your skillset
- £500 annual training budget, more available subject to business case
- Support gaining professional memberships and charterships
- Opportunity to work on projects that will positively impact the environment
To apply, submit your CV to this ad, or for more information, contact Ngaire (Ny-ree) at Thorn Baker on 0117 2033 444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Skills: Ecology, Environment, Construction, Design, Design Technician, Geography, Engineering, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Revit, LSS, ProjectWise, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Salisbury, Wiltshire, Geomorphology