£27k - 37k per year
10 months ago
May - June 2020
Role Title: Designer
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive, negotiable on experience (circa £28k - £35k)
Role Status: Live, client reviewing CVs, interviews planned mid to late April with start date May to June depending on candidate availability.
A career-changing opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding brand in the residential housing sector as a Designer, working with an ambitious team on an exciting new product offering. Our client is an established, forward thinking organisation, with strong financial backing and strategic growth plans. The recruitment process is actively underway with govt guidelines rigorously followed.
This is a chance for motivated designers who are tired of the status quo to join a team who are making their mark in the residential, affordable housing sector. The spotlight will be on this product so attention to detail and rigorous design quality is crucial.
Residential housing design experience is essential, however Designers from a variety of backgrounds will be considered. Candidates must demonstrate a forward-thinking approach to design and the confidence to bring new ideas to the table.
- All design work including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Detail,
- Expert use of Revit and AutoCAD 2/3D
- Designs to be in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and regulations
- Ensure all drawings and specifications are checked for accuracy and approved before issue – this is absolutely critical
- Work closely with the relevant teams across the business to ensure optimum design and buildability
- Maintain drawing and documentation filing system to the required standards
- Some design experience within residential sector essential ,
- Must have some all-round residential design experience
- Demonstrates ambition and desire to progress and work on something new
- Experience of Revit and AutoCAD strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of design to UK building regulations.
- Team player with good collaboration skills, able to collaborate with design colleagues, clients and key stakeholders.
- Very high quality oral and written communication skills
- Proactive approach, attention to detail, able to identify areas of need and manage output
- Education – GCSE A* - C in English. Design or construction related qualification ideal but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Unique opportunity to join a highly ambitious design team and make a significant impact in the residential housing sector. Be part of something new.
- The successful applicant will be a highly skilled residential housing designer – a competitive salary will be offered to the right person
- Flexible working options
- Join a design-led, quality-focused, progressive, and very ambitious team who have demonstrated their growth potential
For a confidential discussion about this role call Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace at Thorn Baker on 07792 381 034, or to apply, submit your CV to this advert or email. email@example.com.
Key Skills: Designer, Residential, Housing, South Yorkshire, BIM, Revit, AutoCAD