£18k - 20.5k per year
about 1 month ago
Role title: Site Technician (Environment)
Sector: Environment / Ecology Consulting / Construction / Skilled Labourer
Location: Kennilworth / Warwickshire
Amazing opportunity for a motivated person with strong practical skills, a CSCS card and a keen interest in the environment / ecology to join this leading Environment Consulting organisation in a Site Technician role, based on a major construction infrastructure project in the West Midlands.
The role would be ideal for a skilled labourer who has an interest in the natural world, or an environment graduate or similar with some practical experience. Applicants with arboriculture, landscaping, groundworks or tree surgery experience are welcomed.
The role involves physical tasks in all weathers such as environment and habitat monitoring, tree surgery, construction site roles working around sensitive wildlife areas, species translocation and any other environment mitigation tasks as directed by the Site Foreperson. Environment skills can be taught to anyone with the right attitude and construction labouring skills.
The company are leaders in ecological management and work on a variety of construction sites alongside main contractors to ensure best environment practice. They invest heavily in staff training and this is a great opportunity to join an organisation who will put you through your site tickets such as Excavator, dumper and similar plant licenses. They promote internally and opportunities are available to upskill in relevant trades or into Site Management and Environment Project Management.
The role / requirements:
- Can-do attitude to solve problems and use initiative
- Valid CSCS card or equivalent
- Physically fit and highly motivated, willing to work outdoors in all weathers
- Environment monitoring and site labouring tasks for habitat improvement and mitigation
- Following directions of the Site Supervisor
- Passion for the natural world - a degree in ecology, biology, geography, environment or a related discipline would be welcome but is not a requirement
- Good communication and a team worker
- Experience of similar tasks on infrastructure projects such as highways, groundworks or other civils projects well regarded
- Working with care around protected wildlife species and habitats
What you get in return:
- Chance to work in a role protecting the natural world. Learn about wildlife and ecology.
- Opportunity for career progression (this company promotes from within)
- Cheerful, supportive working environment of people who are passionate about the environment and highly skilled and knowledgeable, including specialist Ecologists along with general Construction specialists
- Company away days, sporting activities and team building
- Personal development plan and £500 per person per year budget for staff training to put you through additional licenses and site tickets.
To apply, submit your CV to this advert or for more information, call Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace on 07792 381 034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No CV, no problem. Call me to chat about your work history and we can go from there.
Key skills: Environment, Ecology, Site Technician, Labouring, Construction, Biology, Zoology, Coventry, CSCS, highways, rail, infrastructure