£17k - 20k per year
13 days ago
Role title: Site Technician (Environment)
Sector: Environment / Ecology Consulting
Location: Salisbury with some travel nationwide Mon-Fri
Amazing opportunity for a keen and motivated person with a love for the environment and strong practical skills to join this leading Environment Consulting organisation in a Site Technician role.
The role involves physical tasks in all weathers such as environment and habitat monitoring, fish passage and translocation tasks, basic construction-oriented (labouring) tasks involved on site and working under the direction of the Site Foreperson.
The company are leaders in ecological management with a diverse portfolio of projects across the country. They have a passion for the natural world and work on construction sites alongside main contractors to ensure best environment practice and secure our natural world.
The role / requirements:
- Can-do attitude to solve problems and use initiative
- Environment monitoring and site labouring tasks for habitat improvement and mitigation
- Following directions of the Site Foreperson
- Passion for the natural world - a degree in ecology, biology, environment or a related discipline would be well regarded but is not essential
- Physically fit and a strong swimmer
- Good communication and a team worker
- CSCS card preferred
- Able to stay away from home Mon-Fri (travel compensated)
What you get in return:
- Chance to work in a role protecting the natural world
- Opportunity for career progression (this company promotes from within)
- Cheerful, supportive working environment of people who are passionate about the environment and highly skilled and knowledgeable, including specialist Ecologists along with general Construction specialists
- Company away days, sporting activities and team building
To apply, submit your CV to this advert or for more information, call Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace on 0117 2033 444 or email email@example.com
Key skills: Environment, Ecology, Site Technician, Labouring, Construction, Biology, Zoology, Wiltshire, CSCS