about 1 month ago
Job title: Estimator
Location: Midlands – Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Redditch, Worcester, Nuneaton, Banbury
Job type: Construction
Salary / Rate: Negotiable, commensurate with experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join a market leading company within the house building sector. An instantly recognisable name within the industry, with a passion for building new homes and communities with a strong focus on sustainability.
You will be joining a business that values their people and a passionate and supportive team environment.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be instrumental in setting the foundation for the ongoing commercial process. You will be:
- Providing necessary information for land purchase exercise
- Liaising with the other departments to calculate all the prime costs on developments
- Completing the land purchase exercise for presentation to the management team
- Reporting on savings and excesses against the approved and previous land purchase exercise to the management team
- Undertaking regular site visits for new projects
- Inputting and maintaining any computer based estimating databases or systems
- Wide experience in a similar role within the housebuilding industry
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with managing information flow and working within strict business deadlines
- A good knowledge of IT, preferably the COINS system
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable salary package, commensurate with experience and an opportunity to work with a market leading business that looks after their people.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker.
Key Skills: Estimating, Estimator, House building, House-builders, Construction