£34k - 38k per year + Package
4 months ago
Job title: Estimator
Location: North East – Beverley, Kingston upon Hull, Market Weighton, Driffield, York, Pocklington, Brandseburton, Bridlington, Selby, Skipsea, Hornsey
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £38,000 plus package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join a key player within the Modular construction industry. You will be joining a global business that is going through a strong period of growth and expansion.
A company that has been established for over 50 years, offering modular building solutions on a temporary and permanent basis that is proud to work on some of the most prestigious projects across a wide variety of the construction industry, with an unrivalled reputation for delivering quality and service excellence.
Working within the commercial team and reporting to the estimating manager, you will responsible for providing accurate tenders/quotations for customer enquiries.
Duties will include:
- Accurate calculation of quantities and prices
- Direct liaison with both clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Prepare tender return documentation
- Preparation of Contractors Proposals
- Working collaboratively with sales team
- Create enquiry packages including detailed scope of works and attendances
- Engage with supply chain and manage return of information
- Carry out detailed measurement and take off from tender information
- Assist to develop and evolve supply chain
- HNC/HND or Degree Level in Construction
- The successful candidate would preferably have a minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role, from within a Design and Build, Main Contracting or Modular Construction background.
- Commercially astute with strong numerical skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Having knowledge of JCT D&B and NEC3 forms of contract advantageous
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills
What's in it for you?
Negotiable Salary to £38,000 per annum
Employer contributory pension
25 days holiday
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Estimator, Estimating, Commercial, Construction, Main Contracting, Offsite, Modular Construction