£45k - 55k per year + Package
about 1 month ago
Job title: Estimator
Location: West Yorkshire -Bradford, Halifax, Dewsbury, Leeds, Keighley, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Manchester
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £55,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join a roofing and cladding business, working on diverse projects across the construction industry, including retail outlets, offices, manufacturing and industrial premises, schools, universities, hospitals and public buildings.
This is a company with an established reputation for quality and professionalism based on in-depth technical knowledge and expert and timely project delivery. This is a growing business that thrives on new challenges and creating cost-effective solutions.
As Estimator you will be managing bids and tenders for the company. As a key member of the team, your remit will be to prepare robust and competitive submissions to secure work and help meet budget targets. The role requires a commercial mind and the ability to react to change and work collaboratively with the team and external stakeholders.
Duties will include:
- Assessing and securing tender opportunities
- Leading the Bid Process
- Assessing tender documentation and feed back key information
- Attend site, where necessary, to take site measurements and review site conditions
- Produce requests for information as necessary
- Issue subcontract enquiries
- Review and assess subcontract tender returns
- Carry out materials take off & help assess project labour requirements
- Respond to post tender queries
- Experience in tendering for composite, twin skin and standing seam roof systems and single skin, twin skin and composite wall systems
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Relevant Construction industry qualification preferred such as HNC/HND
- Good Maths and English skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements;
- First Aid at Work preferred;
- Team player also with demonstrable ability to use own initiative
- Approachable and able to build good working relationships
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Cladding, Roofing, Estimator, Estimating, Tenders, Bids, Wall Systems, Standing Seam, Roof Systems