3 months ago
Job title: Estimator
Location: West and North Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity is on the cards for an Estimator to join a well-respected builder known for their variety of work including health, education, and commercial construction projects. Notorious for their delivery and quality of projects, on time and to budget, they are looking for a reputable individual in the North of England and will typically be West or North Yorkshire.
As Estimator you will be working on varied projects, working with small to large businesses and main contractors. You will be taking ownership of projects from initial enquiry, quoting pricing, procurement of materials through to handover.
You will be:
- Negotiating and winning tenders
- Preparing tender bids and collating information
- Preparing accurate take offs from drawings
- Negotiating prices from suppliers as well as sub-contractors
- Attending design, planning and progress meetings
- Procuring materials and negotiating the most competitive prices
- Attend handover meetings with surveyors, design and management
- Populate client bill of quantities and pricing schedules
- Calculate final figures for the estimated cost, adjustment for over heads and profit.
- Creating programme of works
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Estimator
- Experience in preparing tenders and take offs
- Able to interpret construction drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and excel
- Ability to work well as part of a small team and under your own initiative when required
- Well organised with excellent time management.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good attention to detail
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Katie Smith at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Estimator, Estimating, Tendering, Refurbishment, Construction, Costing, Built Environment, Commercial, Tenders, Negotiating, Design, Planning