£45k - 50k per year
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Estimator / QS
Start date: ASAP
Package: £45,000 - £50,000 (negotiable on experience) + benefits
We are excited to represent a major building contractor who are a leader in the construction industry with projects located nationwide in an array of sectors.
Our client is seeking a motivated and ambitious Estimator / QS to be based in Cardiff as part of a new team who will be crucially placed to develop and grow further business. The role involves travel to sites in South Wales, Bristol, and associated regions. Projects will be up to £3m and the successful candidate will have experience handling estimation to that level and a background in general construction and building works from the ground up (all aspects of build).
Ideally an immediate start date but this can be negotiated.
- Knowledge of construction techniques
- Preparation of tender returns and quotation enquiries
- Site visits
- Analysing tender information such as drawings and specification
- Reviewing contract conditions
- Completing cost build ups
- Monthly reporting and forecasting
- Contract management
- Liaising with end client and operational and commercial teams
- Sound systems knowledge and analytical skills (Excel)
What's in it for you: Chance to work with a major player in the construction industry, opportunity to grow and develop. Complex projects and small but dynamic and growing team environment with strong core values.
Key Skills: Estimator, Quantity Surveyor, QS, Construction, Groundworks, Re-furb, New Build, Fit Out, Finance, Contracts, Excel, Tender, Cardiff, Wales.