£38k - 45k per year
0117 203 3444
2 months ago
Job role: Finance Manager
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
A unique opportunity is available for a motivated and commercially astute Finance Manager to join a creative, friendly team within an award-winning and expanding organisation based in central Bristol.
We are seeking a career minded person who is highly numerically competent, thinks outside of the box and can come up with new ideas and problem solve, to benefit the business and support further company growth. For the right person, this is a fantastic opportunity to further develop a finance career.
Suitable candidates will have experience in a finance role along with an advanced degree in accounting or a related discipline, and proven ability to think commercially, analyse figures and provide insightful financial information to improve business performance. Candidates from any industry will be considered however strong priority will be given to applicants with a background in a dynamic and fast-paced commercial environment.
- Track the company’s financial performance, identify risks and areas for improvement
- Financial research and analysis – monitoring market and competitor trends
- Present financial data, analysis and recommendations to Directors and stakeholders in formal meetings
- Cashflow management, handling creditors and debtors, monitor day-to day financial operations
- Establish and maintain financial procedures within the organisation, come up with creative solutions to inefficiencies and ideas for improving workflow
- Oversee finance team and finance function such as payroll
- Understand financial legislation, mitigate risks and adhere to compliance and data standards
Key skills and characteristics
- Motivated and career minded – seeking significant career development within 3 – 5 years
- Can provide evidence of analytical ability, strategic thinking, problem solving, superior numerical skills and aptitude
- Client facing communication ability and commercial minded
- Dynamic, forward thinking, strong leadership skills
- Seeking a unique working environment with down-to-earth, practical, creative, friendly team-workers who are passionate about the company, build strong relationships with colleagues and clients, and are highly motivated without losing sight of work-life-balance.
For more information relating to this role please contact Tamara Fitton of Thorn Baker on 0117 203 3444
Key Skills: Finanace