£24k - 26k per year
about 2 months ago
Role title: Site Foreman
Sector: Environment / Ecology Consulting / Construction / Rail
Amazing opportunity for a keen and motivated Site Supervisor with a love for the environment and strong practical, site management and organisation skills to join this leading Environment Consulting organisation in a Site Foreperson role. The role involves supervising Site Technicians on a major infrastructure project based in Coventry. You will support the delivery of environment and ecology mitigation works, assisting the Site Manager and Project Manager in smooth running of the site.
Projects include environment and habitat monitoring, fish passage and translocation. The successful applicant will deliver toolbox talks, assist with managing plant, budgets, vehicles, materials, project development, project planning, and support the Site Manager in any other tasks required on site.
The organisation are a leading Ecology Consultancy, with a diverse range of projects across the country and a wide client base including projects from small to major with very reputable private and public sector companies.
The role / requirements:
- Can-do attitude to solve problems and use initiative
- Lead by example to support the delivery of projects with the site manager
- Plant management and reporting
- Support the Contracts and Project Manager with project development and planning
- Ordering of all plant and materials required on site
- Pre construction meetings and project close down meetings
- Use of Builderstorm to report issues
- Manage a budget and a team of Site Technicians
- Measure and report on inventory and approved suppliers
- Supporting the Site Manager
- Passion for the natural world - awareness of ecology, biology, environment or a related discipline would be well regarded but is not essential
- Good communication and a team worker
- Relevant qualifications such as SSSTS or SMSTS
- Experience working in a similar role: Managing teams, managing plant and projects, handling budgets, project design and monitoring.
- Able to stay away from home Mon-Fri (travel compensated)
What you get in return:
- Chance to work in a role protecting the natural world
- Opportunity for career progression (this company promotes from within)
- Cheerful, supportive working environment of people who are passionate about the environment and highly skilled and knowledgeable, including specialist Ecologists along with general Construction specialists
- Company away days, sporting activities and team building
- Competitive salary
To apply, submit your CV to this advert or for more information, call Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace on 0117 2033 444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: Environment, Ecology, Site Foreman, Foreperson, Construction. Coventry, CSCS, Supervisor, Site Manager, SSSTS, SMSTS