£280 - 310 per day
10 months ago
Rob title: Freelance Quantity Surveyor
Location: East Yorkshire - Hull, Beverley, Market Weighton, Pocklington, York, Malten, Bridlington, Driffield, Scarborough, Brough
Job type: Contract
Salary / Rate: £310 per day
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute Freelance Quantity Surveyor to join a market leader in the Construction sector based in East Yorkshire. This flexible and very-well established employer has completed numerous prestigious projects across the UK in a variety of sectors and is continuing to expand. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior QS to work on large, complex and varied projects and add value to the Commercial team in the growing Modular sector.
- To provide surveying capability to the Commercial Team
- Prepare and issue Account Development Review, applications for payment and final accounts on a timely basis
- Working closely with Project Managers and Site Managers to understand current issues and progress on site
- Measure sub-contractor performance with quality of work by regularly visiting sites. Issue sub-contract works orders and variations. Review and approve sub-contractor applications for payment and issue payment certificates on a timely basis.
- Prepare re-measure reports for Commercial Manager when required
- Prepare and issue project related report when required by the Commercial Manager
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Experience working on project values of £5M+
- Experience in use of MS office particularly MS Word and MS Excel to advanced level
- Significant Quantity Surveying experience to senior level within traditional construction or fit-out
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with sub-contractors and senior stakeholders
What's in it for you?
- £310 per day
- Gain experience within Modular construction
- Work with a friendly team of motivated professionals in a company that is experiencing continued growth
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker on 0117 203 3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org