£250 - 300 per day
11 months ago
Job title: Freelance Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Construction
Rate: Negotiable to £300 per day
You will be joining a well-established family business specialising in providing specialist contracting & ecology services to a range of clients across the UK.
In the role of freelance QS you will assist the Operational team with support and advice on effective contract management across a growing package of projects.
- Provide commercial management of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaise directly with client commercial team on day to day tasks, and flag the extraordinary to senior management
- Dealing with quotations and monthly payments
- Prepare, agree and provide on-going cost analysis
- Monthly cost valuation reports
- Analyse sub-contractor’s variation accounts
- Agree of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Prepare forecasts
- Ensure contract security or alert issues promptly and advise as to solutions
- Ensure financial success of projects especially by improving forecasting systems and ensuring opportunity for disallowed costs is shut down promptly.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or NVQ Level 6 in Construction or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience postgraduate with experience in the environmental and ground engineering sector preferred
- Knowledge of NEC3 suite of contracts
- Have an ability in negotiating across the various levels of the construction environment
- Confident with clients, meetings, and contractual duties and able to maintain a positive relationship with clients
- Possess excellent numeracy and IT skills
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable day rate to £300 (commensurate with experience)
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for a confidential discussion.
Key Skills: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Civils, Civil Engineering, Groundworks, NEC3