8 months ago
Job title: Freelance Quantity Surveyor (3 Months)
Job type: Temporary
Day Rate: Negotiable
We are seeking a freelance Quantity Surveyor for a minimum 3 month contract with a fit out contractor based in York.
You will be joining a friendly and well-established team and working on a £20M hospitality project based in York.
You will be based on site and reporting directly to the Commercial manager. Duties will include:
- Providing surveying capability
- Preparing and issuing account development review, applications for payment and final accounts on a timely basis
- Working closely with Project Managers and Site Managers to understand current issues and progress on site
- Measure sub-contractor performance with quality of work by regularly visiting sites. Issue sub-contract works orders and variations.
- Review and approve sub-contractor applications for payment and issue payment certificates on a timely basis.
- Prepare and issue project related reports when required
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience working on fit-out / Refurbishment projects
- Experience in use of MS office
- Significant Quantity Surveying experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with sub-contractors and senior stakeholders
What's in it for you?
On offer is a day rate that is negotiable and commensurate with experience
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker.
Key Skills: Freelance, QS, Quantity Surveyor, Commercial, Fit out, refurbishment, main contracting, hospitality