£20k - 25k per year
4 months ago
Job title: Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £25,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established, independent business with particular expertise working on commercial fit out and refurbishment projects across the retail and hospitality sectors nationwide.
You will be joining a company with a tradition of training and developing their staff as well as delivering long term career progression.
As Graduate Quantity Surveyor, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills, working alongside professionals who are passionate about what they do. Assisting on a number of fit out projects, you will have the opportunity to support the business on commercial aspects including:
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Compiling subcontractor packages
- Allocating works to subcontractors
- Recording and calculating the costs associated with variations, additions and omissions
- Ensuring all projects are completed in line with relevant legal and quality standards
- Prepare on time monthly valuations following work in progress reviews on site and with contact / site management
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support and advice to the contract management team as required
Hold or working towards a degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
Construction industry experience desirable but not essential
Competent user of MS Office packages, include Microsoft Excel
Strong communication skills
Full UK driving license
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable salary to £25, 0000 per annum and the opportunity to join a market leading business that is able to offer excellent long term career progression.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Graduate, Graduate Quantity Surveyor, QS, commercial, Construction, Fit out, refurbishment