£60k - 70k per year
about 1 month ago
Title: Head of Design
Location: Leeds (some WFH an option)
Sector: Modular Construction
Salary: £60k - £70k depending on experience
Expanding company, exciting niche sector, innovative and sustainable construction projects - what more could you want from your next role? We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Design in a great working environment. This company has a strong pipeline of work and are a major player in the Modular Housing industry.
You will lead the design team for one of the UK’s most innovative housing companies. They have been the talk of the industry throughout 2019 and have been ear marked by the UK Housing Minister as ‘the one to watch in 2020”.
All eyes will be on this organisation and design is a crucial part of their business therefore imperative we secure a high calibre individual to deliver outstanding leadership as Head of Design.
- Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including coordination with Construction Management Team, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets and timescales
- Liaise with the Commercial and Construction departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project.
- Manage allocated resources within projects and produce project design programmes to assist in project resource planning across the department.
- Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner to CDM requirements.
- Contribute to the development of new product standards
- Be qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level
- Be competent in the use of appropriate CAD software:
- Preferably AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software.
- Have experience working within a technical design management role or a senior design role in modular construction
- Have an excellent understanding of current building regulation standards to ensure compliant design co-ordination.
- Have experience of all subcontract requirements from various trades within a modular building project to ensure a compliant scheme is delivered
- Have experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload, as well as overseeing individuals’ personal development
What’s in it for you?
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Career changing position
- Working with one of the most innovative companies in the country
- Outstanding working environment
To apply, send your CV in response to this advert or for more info, contact Ngaire Wallace at Thorn Baker on 0117 2033 444 or email@example.com
Key skills: Modular, Head of Design, Design Manager, Offsite, MMC, Commercial, Housing