£35k - 40k per year
4 months ago
Title: Health & Safety Advisor
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + car allowance
Sector: Commercial / Education
Location: Nottinghamshire / The Midlands
A well-established, high quality regional building contractor is seeking an experienced and passionate Health and Safety Advisor to join their team to assist with the drive of the Health and safety culture throughout the business. The company deliver successful construction projects ranging in value to a wide spectrum of sectors such as Commercial, Education and Housing throughout Nottinghamshire and the Midlands.
Reporting into the Director, the successful candidate will be required to travel to visit active operational sites and undertake audits.
- You will interpret project contractual and statutory requirements and obligations through both the pre-construction and construction phases of projects
- The role holder will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety
- You will maintain core areas of expertise and impart knowledge to aid the development, training and mentoring of others as well as delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site
- The role requires updating and improving company Health and Safety policies and documentation, Producing Construction Health and Safety Plans etc.
Full Job specification available upon request
- Extensive knowledge of managing health and safety within the construction industry with a proven record of achieving key results
- Good technical knowledge of health and safety legislation and keep up to date with legislative changes
- Be NEBOSH certified, a Member of IOSH and hold a Relevant CSCS Card
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure
- Have a positive attitude and work ethic with the ability to develop ongoing relationships
To apply, send your CV in response to this advert or for more info, contact Katie Smith at Thorn Baker on 07970 224907 or email@example.com
Key skills: Construction, Health & Safety, RAMS, Incident prevention, ISO standards, NEBOSH, CSCS