2 months ago
Title: Health, Safety & Environmental Director
Location: East Midlands
Salary: Very competitive plus strong benefits package
Sector: Manufacturing & Construction
A leading force in the building & manufacturing industry are now seeking a Health, Safety & Environmental Director to strengthen their capability to deliver high quality, cost effective buildings. This is a newly created role that offers an exciting opportunity to really make your mark within the business. This company operate across multiple sectors including, the MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
- Develop, implement, manage and review the HSE business plan in line with the strategic goals and objectives; including planning and forecasting for the manufacturing and site operations.
- Develop and implement metrics and KPI’s.
- Devise, develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies.
- Promote an inclusive occupational health programme
- Take a leadership and co-ordination role in environmental and energy management
- Through the use of internal and external benchmarking establish performance expectations (HSE measures) for the business and its key stakeholders including, Government organisations (MoD,DfE).
- Working with the Production Management team and Project Directors to ensure appropriate management controls and procedures are in place, and functioning in a way suitable to control any significant financial, quality or other business risks.
- Support the business in assessing its duties and obligations and risk under CDM 2015.
- Own and drive the commitment to achieve RoSPA Silver/gold
- Develop, policies and strategies to fully integrate the Quality Management systems in the business and SOP’s.
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- Experienced practitioner in Health & Safety and Environmental.
- Proven record of introducing ‘best practice’ through robust processes and developing a ‘quality and safety’ oriented culture.
- Auditor’s qualification in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and FSC
- Experience of implementing and managing a HSE framework, policies and procedures and driving continual improvement
- Demonstrable experience operating at Director level in a tier 1 or 2 main contractor, working as Principal Contractor and Lead Designer.
For further information relating to this role, including salary guidance Please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 0117 203 3444
Key Skills: H&S, Heal & Safety, Environmental, ISO9001, CDM. Quality, HSE, IOSH