£300 - 330 per day
9 months ago
Role Title: Health & Safety Manager
Sector: Environmental Consulting / Construction / Civils / Infrastructure
Location: Kennilworth / Warwickshire / West Midlands
Salary: £300 - £330 per day varies on experience
Status: This is a key worker role on an essential infrastructure project. ASAP start date, stringent Covid safety procedures are in place on site.
Fantastic long term contract opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager with signficant experience of H&S matters on project within in the environmental construction sector. The successful candidate will have a background in managing Health & Safety matters on major civils, water management, infrastructure, environment or similar projects.
Our client is a leading environmental specialist, working across the UK on a diverse range of projects from small to multi-million, across the private and public sectors. Their clients include charities, private construction companies and leading infrastructure and utilities contractors.
You will be at the cutting edge of environment practice, incorporating the latest advances in ecology mitigation to live and planned infrastructure construction works.
This is a long-term contract / freelance role based in Warwickshire/ Coventry. Due to Covid-19 policies, there is a strong preference for candidates to be within local commute to minimise travel.
- Responsible for managing projects and onsite teams with a direct report into the senior leadership team
- Assist in maintaining and seeking continuous improvement in the strategies, policies and procedures in relation to current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements
- Participate as requested in Health, Safety & Environment audits and inspections
- Advise the senior management team of any onsite incidents or changes in policies
- Provide environmental assurance role including regular site inspections and ensuring that works meet legal and project requirements and standards
- H&S KPI data management, analysis and reporting
What's in it for you:
- Chance to make a real, practical and positive difference to the natural world
- Work with people who have a genuine passion for the environment
- Work on a major infrastructure project
- Competitive daily rate
- Experience working in Health & Safety
- Knowledge of working in civil engineering environments, rail in a Health & Safety position would be a distinct bonus
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent health & safety qualification
To apply in confidence, send your CV via this advert, or for more information, contact Rhian Newman at Thorn Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07969 972412
Key skills: Environment, Ecology, Assistant Project Manager, NEC3, CDM, Construction, Infrastructure, Water Management, Rail