£55k - 65k per year + Excellent Benefits
about 2 months ago
Title: Operations Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £65,000 depending on experience
Sector: Refurbishment / Fit Out
A privately owned, multi-discipline, award winning Principal Contractor offering a full range of professional construction, design and building services are now seeking an Operations Manager. This company have an excellent reputation and offers an unrivalled service to various sectors over both new build and refurbishment projects.
This company have an enviable reputation for attracting and retaining the very best people in their industry. Offer and take great pride in training and developing their staff and truly believe its their people that make them great.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of business objectives. The Operations Manager will support site teams and Contract Managers and work with the Regional Director in delivering the aims of the business. This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills able to successfully engage and inspire our people to meet and exceed targets. The post holder will have full accountability for the management of the contracts department.
- Support, mentor and manage the Contracts and Site teams;
- Work closely and promote close working relationships between Contracts, Site teams and all other departments and Business Units;
- Manage Contracts staff to ensure Company policies and procedures are being adhered to;
- Compile contract projects information from the Contracts teams and site documents for presenting to the Regional Director and ensure consistency of such reports;
- Advise and assist the Regional Director on budgetary matters relating to the contracts department;
- Visit live projects to maintain contact with Site teams and provide support and guidance;
- Attend meetings as required;
- Full job specification provided upon request
- Demonstrable evidence of experience of a similar management role based within contracts/project management;
- Experience in the management and development of multiple teams
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental safety requirements within the industry;
- Demonstrable ability to present and manage project plans for construction projects;
- Understanding of financial management controls;
- Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages;
- NVQ level 6 in 6 or equivalent in construction or construction related activity;
- Driving license.
We are looking for someone who drives to create change and bring new methods and ideas that will add value; Someone who will thrive in working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412
Key Skills: Refurbishment, Interiors, Fitout, Operations Management, CSCS, SMSTS, Health & Safety, Commercial