6 months ago
Job Title: Pre-Construction Project Manager
Salary: Flexible to attract
A dynamic, family-owned group of companies who operate a portfolio of divisions across residential and commercial property development, contracting and civils, plant hire and strategic land are looking to recruit an experienced Pre-Construction Project Manager to co-ordinate and manage the pre-construction delivery process across a range of housing developments in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire from planning stage to site commencement.
- Support Land & Planning & Build Team on the technical aspects of development liaising with external consultants including drainage, highways, utilities etc and provide cost-effective solutions to enable accurate appraisals to be prepared.
- Ensure consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with any Employer’s requirement and Contractors Proposal but in the context of the site’s surroundings and topography.
- Project manage the design process, from planning application through to project completion.
- Support the production of a full technical pack of information for every development that is ready for commercial procurement by the Project Surveyor.
- Review the engineering and servicing aspects of each proposed new development seeking the most cost-effective solutions to suit the overall business plan.
- To be responsible for securing technical approval, section agreements, bonds etc liaising with external consultants and Local Authorities as required to service each development on a timely basis.
- CDM function – co-ordinate and consolidate Preconstruction safety information file, to enable the Principal Contractor to produce the CDM Construction Phase H&S Plan. (HSE require separation of functions)
- Prepare design brief for each site to instruct consultants and liaise with sales department for suggested house type mix.
- A good knowledge of the building industry
- 5+ years’ experience of engineering, preferably in a house building environment but not essential.
Whats in it for You?
- Competitive salary DOE.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- NEST Workplace Pension scheme
- Bonus Scheme
For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email email@example.com
Key skills: Design, Project Management, Engineering, Pre-construction, Housing, Civils, Groundworks, Residential