Flexible Dependant on Experience
4 months ago
Title: Pre-construction Manager
Location: East Midlands
Salary: Dependant on experience plus benefits
Our client, a leading force in the building & manufacturing industry, is a major player in the production of essential buildings and are now seeking an additional member of the Commercial team to strengthen their capability to deliver a high quality construction service to key industries, particularly healthcare. Other sectors of operation include the MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors. We are proud to be recruiting for this client who are producing crucial facilities for our health and care industries, while operating within government guidelines to protect their staff.
You will have come from a contracting background and have proven yourself in Bid Management, Project Management, Framework Management or Pre-Construction Management positions over the course of several years. Sector experience includes Education, Healthcare and commercial.
- Manage the full pre-construction life cycle, including but not limited to; developing relationships with the client, achieving the position of preferred bidder, bringing the project to contract close and transferring it to construction.
- Understand and challenge technical documents relating to design, construction, legal and financial elements of a bid and to devise a strategy in such a way as to maximise the opportunity to win whilst paying regard to the cost associated with the preparation of the bid.
- Recommend the appointment of the external consultants required to participate to the bid.
- Define the internal technical resources requirements.
- Define and monitor the commercial budgets associated with each tender opportunity.
- Develop strategies to understand client needs whilst developing a strong relationship with them.
- Evaluating and acting upon the tender information to develop an appropriate work win strategy.
- Interpret bid questions and complete deliverables schedules and response templates, and as necessary write concisely in response.
- Attend, and where necessary, lead meetings with the Professional or Design teams
- Challenge and/or validate the design development from a buildability and deliverability point of view throughout the bid process to eliminate undue risk / cost.
- Conduct presentations and leading bid negotiations with clients and their representatives.
- Present the tender to the Operational Team
- Maintain contact with the production team
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- This is a really great role where you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference to this successful business
- Opportunity to contribute to key industries and be part of a team manufacturing essential healthcare buildings
- Excellent benefits package
- Clear defined career path
For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972 412.
Key skills: Pre-construction, Design, Bid Management, Manufacturing, Production, Offsite, Modular, Education, Healthcare, Tender