£40k-£55k pro rata or £200-£250 day rate negotiable
6 months ago
6 month contract
Role: Procurement Manager
Sector: Construction / Infrastructure
Location: Warwickshire / West Midlands
Salary: £40 - £55k pro rata, or £200 - £250 per day, negotiable on experience (6 month contract)
Role status: Live with immediate start following recruitment process. This is an essential service role with social distancing measures in place.
Great opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to take up a six month contract role with a leading Environment Contractor based in Warwickshire, responsible for planning and delivering all procurement activity on a major infrastructure project.
The successful applicant will streamline existing procurement processes, train a small team and set up new systems, within this expanding organisation of technical experts who provide ecology mitigation and environmental management services to a range of clients in the construction sector.
About the role:
- Great people manager – able to support a small team in learning and embracing new procurement systems
- Plan and deliver all procurement activity on Midlands-based project/s
- Review, develop and improve existing processes
- Put in place a procurement strategy for the project that is commercially optimal and compliant with all company and industry requirements
- Ensure a cost effective procurement service by collating material forecasts
- Conduct robust supplier reviews and supplier selection process
- Collate and manage financial information for the NEC3 application for payment process and internal financial processes
- Effect reporting on procurement activity and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Degree level qualified or equivalent work experience
- Chartered status, or working towards Chartered status in the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS/ MCIPS)
- Demonstrable experience of people management
- Highly developed analytical and negotiating skills
- Strategic thinker and can demonstrate introducing new processes in previous roles
- Strong relationship builder
- Can work at pace in a changing environment
- For the right person, some requirements can be flexible so please get in touch if you meet some, but not all of the experience criteria.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on a major infrastructure project
- Chance to set up something new – take responsibility and ownership and achieve change
- Secure 6 month contract role
- Interesting, complex work, alongside ecology experts who are passionate about the environment
- Friendly and supportive team environment, flexible and open working culture
Apply now by sending your CV via the link, or for more information or a confidential, relaxed chat about the role contact Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace at Thorn Baker on 07792 381 034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 safety in place: This organisation provides a key service and abides by very stringent safety measures. Video / telephone short-listing will take place followed by a socially-distant face-to-face interview and immediate start.
Key Skills: Procurement, Procurement Manager, NEC3, Infrastructure, Civils, Finance, Project, Rail, Contract, Fixed Term, Construction, Purchasing, CIPS, MCIPS, Supply Chain