£30k - 40k per year + benefits
2 months ago
Likely to be between late-Summer to Autumn 2020
Role Title: Project Manager
Sector: Environmental Consulting / Ecology / Construction
Salary: £30k - £40k, company vehicle arrangement
Start date and process: This role is still live, however due to Covid-19, the start date is likely to be between late Summer to Autumn 2020. Conversations / telephone interviews are being held currently.
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager with a genuine passion for the natural world and experience of delivering projects in the environment sector. You will join a growing company who bring their commitment to the environment to their work along with expert ecological skills and knowledge and a vibrant, positive working environment.
Our client is a leading environmental specialist, working across the UK on a diverse range of projects from small to multi-million, across the private and public sectors. Their clients include charities, private construction companies and leading infrastructure and utilities contractors.
Due to an ever expanding workload this organisation is seeking a Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis, working from the Salisbury office on a diverse range of projects from £10k to £1m. Projects include Ecological Mitigation, Habitat Translocation, River Restoration and Fish Passage. You will be at the cutting edge of environment practice, incorporating the latest advances in mitigation to live and planned construction works.
The organisation is well set-up with remote and flexible working options so although the start date is delayed due to Covid-19, the recruitment process is underway.
- Delivering projects relating to environment / ecology works
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of works
- Managing contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts
- Building good relationships with clients
- Manage design co-ordination
- Working with Site Managers and Site Foreman to ensure smooth delivery of projects on site
- Engaging appropriate sub-contractors
- Management of graduate and assistant project managers
What's in it for you:
- Chance to make a real, practical and positive difference to the natural world
- Work with people who have a genuine passion for the environment
- Travel to exciting, environment / ecology-related construction projects across the UK
- Competitive salary, company car arrangement and benefits
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing with years of service
- Company pension
- Career progression
- Positive, cheerful working culture with ecology professionals
Suitable candidates will have a love for the natural world as the core motivator in their career path, along with experience of delivering ecology projects and ideally a specialism in fish passage, river restoration, habitat translocation or another key aspect of ecology. Management of cost, quality and health & safety is essential, along with excellent communication, management experience and contractual experience, particularly NEC 3. Knowledge of CDM regulations highly regarded.
To apply in confidence, send your CV via this advert, or for more information, contact Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace at Thorn Baker on 0117 2033 444.
Key skills: Environment, Ecology, Project Manager, NEC3, Aquatic, CDM, Wiltshire, Translocation, Construction, Infrastructure, River Passage, Ecologist